Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadstar PCB COMPONENT CREATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppjsv

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am new to cadstar pcb design . how can i create component(footprint) foric - LM 324 dip package?

I hope you can. But a DIL14 form should be in the libraries shipped with Cadstar. (At least it has been there when I was working with Cadstar in the 80s and 90s).

Learning to create components and library parts for a paticular CAD system is one of the ost important skills you require, it is paramount to understanding and using the software correctly.
There is no easy way to do this, just sit down read the help files and manuals and practice.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Lm324 op amp ic dual in line package in cadstar - i have created the schematic symbol. But for component creation i have created the main body of ic by adjusting grid. I am having difficulty in making pads - whether it should be rect or circular? How to maintain distance between the pins?

Dont take this wrong, but I think you have a lot of learning to do. If possible the best way would be to get on a Cadstar course.
To get you started though I would learn about the following:
Grids, cartesian coordinates are critical to your efficient use of any CAD system, and very critical in setting up an EDA system for PCB design:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_coordinate_system
There is no such thing as gridless or griddless routing (just very small grids, which are counter productive to efficient layout).
Have a look at the following:

**broken link removed**
https://www.pcblibraries.com/forum/pcb-library-construction-guidelines_forum30.html

Next, play around with components in the library, CAD is and interactive tool the best way tolearn any CAD is by interacting with it and seeing what happens and what goes wrong.
But learn the basics first, these formthe foundation of your future development.

- - - Updated - - -

Learning how to look in the existing libraries would help.

A 14 pin DIP package is already there.

What's the betting the next question is how to make it a part? lol

Also, the CADSTAR website **broken link removed**, including videos on how to make parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back