Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence - when two individual components are connected , the circuit is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashwin92

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I did my full adder circuit and created a symbol . Also i did an AND gate and created the symbol.
Both the circuits are working correctly when checked separately and i got 1.8v for logic 1 and 24e-9 for logic 0.

I created a new schematic with the output of AND gate going to the Apin of the full adder .
Now when i simulate , the output of my AND gate is not Zero or One . It comes to be 322e-3.

Please let me know what am i doing wrong .

Thanks in advance .

Sorry for late reply .

But when its 322mV , the output of the adder is not correct . It takes it to be logic one .

I assume you use standard CMOS logic. Try to increase the driver strength of your AND gate.

I corrected it .

I used transmission gate for XOR in the adder circuit and it created the problem . When i replaced it by Standard CMOS , it started working

Anyways , thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back