Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso: Unable to write changes in memory to disk for file

Status
Not open for further replies.

abimana

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been working on a layout in virtuoso and after copying my cellview in a new cellview, I could not anymore save changes in the old and new cellview. As I start virtuoso, I have several warnings messages even before opening my layout. The messages are of the type below:

*WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'weTapWidthOnPins',
\w in tool[.partition] 'layout' - it has not been registered.
\w *WARNING* envSetVal: Can't set the value of variable 'drdEditFilterLayers',
\w in tool[.partition] 'layout' - it has not been registered.
\w *WARNING* envCyclicStringToIndex: could not find variable 'snapPatternDrawingStyle'

I am running virtuoso version 6.1.5-64b on CentOS. I can open the schematic and the layer but when I try to save the layout, I have the message:
*WARNING* (DB-270000): dbSave: Unable to write changes in memory to disk for file '/afs/ee.up.ac.za/user/a/abimana/new_ibm_dirV2/phd_work/layout.oa.cadence3.ee.up.ac.za.24160.20150906200000.tmp.a'. OS error code: '5': "Input/output error"
\w *WARNING* Cellview phd_work LNA_April26_nofloat_real layout could not be saved.

Can someone provide indications on the cause of the error and possibly directions for a solution?

Best Regards, Aba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back