Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence/Virtuoso: Error found by spectre during circuit read-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. von Rosenstein

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a testbench-schematic for an rectifier:

If I start Cadence and open this schematic and ADE GXL with the related adexl view and I run the simulation everything is alright. But if I subsequently "Check and Save" this schematic without any changes in the schematic and after that I klick "Run Simulation" again, then the simulation fails and in the output log I can read:

Warning from spectre in `ideal_balun', during circuit read-in.
WARNING (SFE-618): "input.scs" 190: Unterminated subcircuit. Terminating statement at the end of file.
Error found by spectre during circuit read-in.
ERROR (SFE-3): "input.scs" 190: `ideal_balun' is being redefined. It was defined at `input.scs' 77 before. Remove or rename either of them.

If I close ADE and reopen it, the simulation runs again without any problems.

In the input.scs the lines 74-81 are:
// Library name: analogLib
// Cell name: ideal_balun
// View name: schematic
subckt ideal_balun d c p n
K0 (d 0 p c) transformer n1=2
K1 (d 0 c n) transformer n1=2
ends ideal_balun
// End of subcircuit definition.

And the lines 187-190:
// Library name: analogLib
// Cell name: ideal_balun
// View name: schematic
subckt ideal_balun d c p n

Could anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

I forgot to say, that this file is located in the following two folders(for example):
/scratch/x09/lischer/IC615/analog_Frontend/Test_Rectifier/adexl/results/data/Interactive.316/1/analog_Frontend:Test_Rectifier:1/netlist
/scratch/x09/lischer/IC615/analog_Frontend/Test_Rectifier/adexl/results/data/Interactive.316/psf/analog_Frontend:Test_Rectifier:1/netlist

I tried to comment line 190 in both files. But the next time I start a simulation these files are recreated in the folder
.../Interactive.317/...
(for this example) and in the new input.scs files line 190 is uncommented and I get this error again.

The problem is more and more curious. I have another schematic in which last week was an ideal_balun. But now there is only a PORT, GND and a varactor. As with the other schematic, the simulation runs after I opened the schematic and ADE. But if I check and save the schematic the simulation did not run and in the log I can read:

Warning from spectre in `ideal_balun', during circuit read-in.
WARNING (SFE-618): "input.scs" 76: Unterminated subcircuit. Terminating statement at the end of file.
Error found by spectre during initial setup.
ERROR (SPECTRE-4080): There are no components in the circuit.

After closing and reopen ADE the simulation runs without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back