Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Schematic and Layout File

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoly

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a partial directory of what used to be a part of cadence library
designed on an old version of cadence (probably in 1990). A lot of files are missing, cds.lib is also missing. The directories I have are named after the respective subcircuits they belong to. Each directory has subfolders called schematic, verilog and layout. Inside the schematics and layout directories there are files called current.

I have tried every possible way I can think of to open these schematic files, but in vain. Is there any way I can open the cadence schematic files without having to build a library for them?

I know there is lot of information in those schematic files. I viewed those
files with hexedit and i can see all the grid and sub circuit information. Does any one know the file format of cadence schematic file? If there is no viewer program that can view these schematics without creating library for them then I am ready to write one if I get the file format information.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
as i know, in cadence there are only libraries --> cell views --> views. views (schematic, layout, spectre ...) are sub-directiories of the cell view-directiory and the cell views are sub-directiories of the library. in the library manager only those libs, cellviews and views are displayed that are listened in the cds.lib file. so i think you only have to write the path to the library in your cds.lib and then you can open the cell view in the lib-manager.
greetings,
hqqh

Hi, the earlier version of Cadence do not need a cds.lib file. You may try "Tools / Conversion Toolbox ... / Convert DFII-DM Libraries ..."

I have tried the above two ways, but it's in vain. Who can help me?

As far as I know, there is no easy way to open it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back