Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC 5.0.33 instalation on Fedora Core 3 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavakoli

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
install libmanager ic

I've tried to install Cadence IC5033 on fedora core 3 pc and i completed the instalation but when running "icfb &" i recieved the following error:

"Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno, h_errno or _res directly. Needs to be fixed."

also when i tried to run Library manager i recieved error and it didn't run ....

so what should i do?
could i still use it on my fedora core 3 with some patches or i must use another version of linux (if so whats the best version for Cadence installation)

what is the latest version of cadence ic

You can see some post before about eda in linux.
Some solution :
1. compate libary, you can find in you cdrom such as " comp*";
2. set assum_kernel=2.4.1

linux cadence ic

first of all i've saw other posts but they didn't told anything about FC III and:

what do u mean by compate?????

use redhat 7.2 or rh 8.0.compat rpm is for compatibility for different versions of linux for the glibx libraries.but still i would suggest u to use rh 8.0 which is the most suitable for users with new hardware and for eda tools.

may i update my redhat 7.3 to fedora core iii after instalation of cadence?

hi friends i attach version supported by cadence. u can clear ur doudt from this attachment

Basically,the error msg""Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno, h_errno or _res directly. Needs to be fixed." is just a warning. It will not halt the program. It's not the reason why your lib manager cannot run. Could you put more debug info here?

As to the perfect linux version for Cadence EDa,I think it's redhat 7.2 and RHEL 3. Most cadence tool is developed on those platform

Please add a command line in the file .bashrc.
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

Reboot and the error disappears.

Setting an environmental variable requires rebooting?

lxyangroc2000 said:
Please add a command line in the file .bashrc.
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

Reboot and the error disappears.

I came across this problem when running icfb& with IC5141 installed on RHEL 4.0,
whose kernel version is 2.6.9. After I set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1, it worked very well and the warning message disappeared. I've tried 2.4.2, but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back