Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence - file of transient simulation is too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krivan

I'm executing a long simulation in Cadence and the tran.trn.trn is getting very large, 63G at the moment. I plot 4 signals.

How can I tell Cadence to just plot and not save the results? If I do in Analog Environment Outputs -> Save all... -> none, is a "Direct plot" possible at the end of the simulation? I guess not...

Krivan

Try to use 'select' wherever it is possible in the save all options, then use Outpus --> to be saved.. to choose the ports that you are going to plot

K

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yea, another big savings is the plot points you actually do save. There are some options under transient called 'print strobe' or 'plot strobe' or something (it definitely hast he word 'strobe' in it) that you can make have a larger time step. What it would do is only print at a certain timestep. This can be huge. Normally you will have transitions (i.e. clocks, etc) that might use time points in the pico -> sub pico seconds but you dont really care about when examining the results.

Using the above two methods (selecting fewer signals and strobing the plot output) I dont get files larger than 2G anymore.

good luck!

K

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back