Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buying a simple oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebadtall

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, i would like to buy a cheap oscilloscope, i could buy a used from you,
but im watching at ebay some cheap ones, and would need info about what specs to focus on.

for instance this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Channel-...51939?pt=BI_Oscilloscopes&hash=item4d011e68e3

mentions, measurable frequency 3khz, wich i think it cannot measure the full audiable range, and i cannot know if my amplifier is bad at higher frequencies...

sampling rate, analognbandwidth etc.. thank you!

hi, Thebadtall.
"Max sampling: 8kHz x 1/ (4kHz x 2)" This is a funny parameters, usual PC sound card will be better.

Hello thebadtall,

it's a nice toy, but no more. :roll:

With this device you can not measure anything in audio or digital circuits. The frequency range and also the voltage range is to low.

If you want to buy "only" an oscilloscop look for HAMEG or Philips like **broken link removed** or **broken link removed** or **broken link removed**

I know this scopes and they are very good.

Regards

Rainer

try to go for better oscilloscopes if you want to view freq in audio range so kindly look for scopes having larger band width

other wise buy it and remodify the entire ckt that may be cumbersome

Dear Rainer
Thank you for suggestions, but those sellers (and 99.9% of ebay.de) does not ship to Greece ,and I cannot understand why.
However , I have take a taste of what you mean, and realised that I should buy something "real" instead of "cheap"
Thank you !

Dear DeepOne, yes, about "toy" you are right, after a brief search I done.

Dear Jeffrey, thank you for claryfying the Bandwidth matter.

with an arduino you can make an xpeyes i guess. but i want an osciloscope (a serious one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back