Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bugs in ic5.033 regarding slow speed when working in schematic windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btrend

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
1. I use icfb in redhat 8.0. whenever I open a schematic and then enlarge the window size, then the speed of my computer is slow down, and every movement of my mouse is in slow motion ?? why is it a bug, or anything I did wrong when in intalling ic5.033
2. one more bug, whenever I open two schematic window, the speed is also slow down, my computer is used intel 2.4GHz CPU, RAM is 2GB, so it should not be hardware cause, because all other program run fast.
thanks

Re: ic5.033 bug?

try to re-install it.

My computer is 1.8G and 1Gb RAM, but it works fast.

perhaps you should select a high quality video card, or the driver of your video is not installed , or setuped

ic5.033 bug?

the memory of the video card is very important.

sounds to me like too much system ram.... or not banked properly change bios to 4way bank interleave
if is two 1gb strips as i assume 2g to be then this is important esp on dual channel ddr board i also assume your machine to be

is athlone or intel i assume intel chip set
what i think is
you have via controllers and you havent added the service pak to redhad from via driver arrena

VSMVDD said:
sounds to me like too much system ram.... or not banked properly change bios to 4way bank interleave
if is two 1gb strips as i assume 2g to be then this is important esp on dual channel ddr board i also assume your machine to be

is athlone or intel i assume intel chip set
what i think is
you have via controllers and you havent added the service pak to redhad from via driver arrena
the chipset is intel, how to do "change bios to 4way bank interleave "?

eng_Semi said:
try to re-install it.

My computer is 1.8G and 1Gb RAM, but it works fast.
I am a newbie to IC design.....
I have 256MB RAM is this too little to use with IC5.0...??
also what are different versions of cadence tools, I entered cadence site but I couldnt get a direct answer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back