Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buffer operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxcv2201

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to know how this circuit works as a BUFFER.

I want to know the difference from when it was made with NMOS.

1664450414646.png

Hi,

Do you know what OUTP and OUTN are connected to? I see two identical inputs with two outputs. I'd guess that like bipolar devices, PMOS handle input signals almost down to 'gnd' whereas NMOS wouldn't begin to conduct input signal until it is above VGS(th).

And, when Vin = 0, Vout = 0 as INP (or INN) sinks the current from the PMOS connected to it from the current source so compared to the load impedance, INP is the path of least resistance to 'gnd'. When Vin = 1, Vout = 1 because INP is off and high impedance so the current (or voltage, depending on which is of most interest) from the current source transistor flows to load.

What is it you are specifically asking, if (presumably) it hasn't been answered by this reply?

Also, we can hope that the gate is a high impedance input (good for the lower impedance source) and the drain/source output is low impedance (good for the ideally higher impedance load).

Status
Not open for further replies.