Not open for further replies.

MobiNaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am looking for broadband antenna definition (given by FCC, IEEE or any other references).

Thanks in advance

I MobiNaz,

Have you found that? I am also searching for the definition. Please tell us if you know any reference.

Thank you.

i have the definition of FCC for the UWB antenna, if you are intresting

antenna that works at wide range of frequencies, u can test an antenna by using the s db in cst microwave studio

what is your problems at UWB antenna ?????

I would personally consider the IEEE Standard Definitions of Terms for Antennas (145-1983) the most authoritative source for definitions of antenna parameters.

IEEE Xplore - IEEE Standard Definitions of Terms for Antennas

I doubt you will find a definition of broadband in the IEEE standard, but I might be wrong.

You will find a definition of bandwidth in the IEEE standard. In that standard it defines bandwidth as something like "The frequency range over which one or more parameters are within a given specification". Note that is NOT the exact wording in the IEEE standard, but my interpretation of it.

So (my examples) an antenna can have a bandwidth set by

1) The SWR is less than x:1
2) The gain is greater than y.
3) The SWR is less than x:1 and the gain is greater than y.
4) The antenna can withstand a continuous power of at least z Watts.

etc etc

you can specify any number of parameters making up the bandwidth - frequency, return loss, radiation pattern, axial ratio for polarization, power handling .... etc.

Anyway, I would refer you to that standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…