Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Broadband Antenna definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobiNaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am looking for broadband antenna definition (given by FCC, IEEE or any other references).

Thanks in advance

I MobiNaz,

Have you found that? I am also searching for the definition. Please tell us if you know any reference.

Thank you.

i have the definition of FCC for the UWB antenna, if you are intresting

what is your problems at UWB antenna ?????

I would personally consider the IEEE Standard Definitions of Terms for Antennas (145-1983) the most authoritative source for definitions of antenna parameters.

IEEE Xplore - IEEE Standard Definitions of Terms for Antennas

I doubt you will find a definition of broadband in the IEEE standard, but I might be wrong.

You will find a definition of bandwidth in the IEEE standard. In that standard it defines bandwidth as something like "The frequency range over which one or more parameters are within a given specification". Note that is NOT the exact wording in the IEEE standard, but my interpretation of it.

So (my examples) an antenna can have a bandwidth set by

1) The SWR is less than x:1
2) The gain is greater than y.
3) The SWR is less than x:1 and the gain is greater than y.
4) The antenna can withstand a continuous power of at least z Watts.

etc etc

you can specify any number of parameters making up the bandwidth - frequency, return loss, radiation pattern, axial ratio for polarization, power handling .... etc.

Anyway, I would refer you to that standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back