Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bow tie antenna substrate and impedance design,need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniakhan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,can any one help me in designing bow tie?i am thinking of designing it for 100 ghz and i use formula for length l= lemba/2*sqrt(epsilon) and width =1.6*lembda/sqrt(epsilon) now my problem is that how to find out flare angle?i-e tan(theta)=l/2/w/2 is ok for full bow angle or it gives half of flare angle?
secondly on hfss when i define lumped port for feeding bow tie then what should i take impedance value?i-e 50ohm and rectance of 120 ohm is ok?i dont understand how to define resistance and reactance here.
thirdly substrate thickness?how can i select substrate thickness for bow tie is there any criteria for substrate thickness?
if some one can guide me it will be great favour.
also one more thing if i am designing this antenna for frequency 100 ghz then how can it work in wide band??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back