Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bootstrap capacitor calculation for h bridge configuration for varying pwm duty input

Status
Not open for further replies.

renga92

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to use IR2110 to drive H bridge configuration. I was going through the formula for the Bootstrap capacitance and it had a factor of time period of the high pulse which will vary in my case as my PWM width will vary to provide different output ac voltages. So what should I do ?

Briefing on my application I am planning to vary a constant 400 VDC power source and generate varying AC voltages by varying the PWM duty cycle.

Thanks in advance
Renga

The formula is for minimal bootstrap capacitor (an inequality in mathematical terms), so the answer in case of a variable time period should be clear.

Thanks FvM. I didn't look at the formula clearly. Had another thought when I was looking at the formula.Is it what the designers use to calculate the cap value every time or is there any thumb of rule to make our lives easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back