Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boolean cell description format

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenonbornking

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to use Encounter Library Characterizer to characterize a 4-ported register cell. Apparently ELC can't figure out what the logical description of the cell is. I believe I can tell it what the cell does using the db_bool command, however I don't know what the format is.

Here is an example from the cadence help system:
DL
, REGISTER([IQ],[XIQ])::=(~[XIQ],~(G?D:[IQ]))
, Q::=[IQ]
;
NAND2
, Y::=~(A&B)
;
TBUF
, Y::=(A@EN)
;

Other places in the help system refer to this as the synspec boolean format, but I haven't been able to find anything related to this on google.

Can anyone point me to a guide/tutorial on this boolean format? Or possibly give me more extensive examples?

Thanks!
-Michael

I want to use the format the elc will understand. I don't know what that is. I've seen it referred to as the synspec boolean format, but I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

It seems that the boolean format is an older, not well supported, format. I think the currently preferred method is to edit a gate file created by elc. The gate file format is described in the elc documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back