Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

book on layout design

Status
Not open for further replies.

guk

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
can anyone tell if there is any book on bjt layout design?

guk said:
hi
can anyone tell if there is any book on bjt layout design?
hi,
the book
"the art of analog layout" is good. and the 2nd edition appears on the market.
jeff

i think that book is not very well..
you can study the exist layout that your company memeber has drawn. when meet questions in understanding,you can ask them for help..
this is a quick way to master the layout design..

I also recommend The "the art of analog layout" by Alan Hastings, but just as an introductory book.

diemilio

Do you mean BJT cell layout? You must use the pcell provided if not the simulation model will not be accurate.

the art of analog layout, and also you can install magic in your windows to practice

"The art of analog layout" is a good book because it has the steps you need described in detail. I recommend this book. Of course, some chapters may be described better in other books, but as a First book, it's OK.
Best regards

hi guk,

For layout basics,"Art of Analog Layout" by Allan Hasting is good. For BJT layout refer chapter 8 of this book.

with best regards

a pdf tutorial is available for layout in this section search it here.
from Sir kungfu.

u can download many books including Alan hastings from electromaniacs.com

OK guys and girls!
Of cource ALAN HASTINGS is the bible but I believe is not for a begginer !

I Suggestr IC MASK DESIGN by Saint& Saint McGraw Hill. If you are a total stranger with physics of Semiconductors, then I suggest IC layout Basics by Sain&Saint and at the same time, Analog-Digital VLSI devices and Technology of Tsividis.
Then you can advance to Alan Hastings!

D.

the art of analog layout is a good book

IC MASK DESIGN, THE ART OF ANALOG LAYOUT, ANALOG INTEGRATED ANALOG DESIGN

CMOS integrated circuit circuit, simulation and layout

I agree with batistuta,practice is more important.

What is the difference between 1st ans 2nd editions of A.Hasting The art of analog layout? Does it principal?

ed2000 said:
What is the difference between 1st ans 2nd editions of A.Hasting The art of analog layout? Does it principal?

there are plenty.

new topics:

1. advanced metallization systems
2. dielectric isolation
3. failure mechanisms on MOS
4. integrated inductors
6. MOS safe operating systems
7. nonvolatile memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com