Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Block synthesis in Synopsys DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhanch

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
just wonder whether synopsys DC can do block synthesis. For example, there are serveral modules are the same. Can we ask DC just to synthesis one module, and others using the same netlist and sdf.
Actually, I know synplify ASIC can do this, not sure whether synopsys can do in the same way.

Many thanks,

block synthesis

the netlist can be shared if you try a bottom-up synthesis flow.

as for the SDF, i believe it should be merged into the top design, which means most hierarchy name should be prefixed.

Re: block synthesis

Hi,
Sure that you can do this in the synthesis process (using DC)! but remember to "uniquify" at the TOP level.
Rgrds,

Re: block synthesis

zhanch said:
just wonder whether synopsys DC can do block synthesis. For example, there are serveral modules are the same. Can we ask DC just to synthesis one module, and others using the same netlist and sdf.
Actually, I know synplify ASIC can do this, not sure whether synopsys can do in the same way.

Many thanks,

for doing the block level u must do the uniqufication frist .
so that it will duplicate the cells accordingly. and it will also duplicate the sdf file.
so that u will get the uniqufied netlist and sdf file which consist of all cell delays and cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back