Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Block Diagram for mobile phone's portable bank power

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguyenvanthien

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I'm designing bank power for cell phone. Any one can show me a block điagram of it? Thanks

If you mean one of those portable 'bricks' you plug in instead of an AC charger, most are nothing more than a battery and a charger socket.

Brian.

About basics, input is solar cell or 5 Vdc USB; and output is 5V; current is approximate 1A. Besides, i have Li ion battery.

About basics, input is solar cell or 5 Vdc USB; and output is 5V; current is approximate 1A. Besides, i have Li ion battery.
You are missing the charger circuit for the Li-ion battery and you are also missing the voltage stepup circuit to increase the battery voltage to 5V output.

You are missing the charger circuit for the Li-ion battery and you are also missing the voltage stepup circuit to increase the battery voltage to 5V output.

How about circuit to show capacity? Besides, Which way can i do to connect between these blocks?

Some people wrongly think that the voltage of a Li-ion cell shows its remaining capacity. Instead its discharge vs time must be measured and used as log for calculating the remaining capacity as the circuit measures the current and the time. Since the capacity decreases with the number of cycles the log must be updated.

The blocks are simply connected in a logical manner. The charging circuit comes first and the voltage stepup circuit comes last.

Some people wrongly think that the voltage of a Li-ion cell shows its remaining capacity. Instead its discharge vs time must be measured and used as log for calculating the remaining capacity as the circuit measures the current and the time. Since the capacity decreases with the number of cycles the log must be updated.

The blocks are simply connected in a logical manner. The charging circuit comes first and the voltage stepup circuit comes last.

I absolutely agree with you. Now, I'm concentrating on detail block diagram for portable power bank. I'd like to indicator led only "on" when charging battery or discharging to cell phone. And charging circuit and step up circuit operates only pressing a button.

The charging circuit should work each time the power bank has a 5V input. The voltage stepup circuit should work each time the power bank has a load. Both circuits can light the LED.

The charging circuit should work each time the power bank has a 5V input. The voltage stepup circuit should work each time the power bank has a load. Both circuits can light the LED.

That's a good idea- ligth the LED use for charging circuit and stepup circuit. However, how can I connect them? button, switch circuit,... in a board

That's a good idea- ligth the LED use for charging circuit and stepup circuit. However, how can I connect them? button, switch circuit,... in a board
Use a Logic OR gate. It drives the transistor that turns on the LED. Here is a simple one:

Attachments

• OR gate with diodes.png
    OR gate with diodes.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 148

Use a Logic OR gate. It drives the transistor that turns on the LED. Here is a simple one:

This is good idea. However, I haven't understand clearly about inputs and output of circuit. charging battery only operates when having power supply, besides, when circuit have load (the stepup circuit works), these leds will show level of Liion.

- - - Updated - - -

dear, It seems to photo only show charging circuit and how protect battery. Actually, i concentrate on charging Liion and boost it to use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back