Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bidirectional bus connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaron866

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a I\O to my fpga which is inout signal 16 bit width (data bus from my flash). This bus is going internaly to another sub-modul and there it is connected to an inout port.
I want in the top-level to connect the inout port to an in port of a different sub-modul.
Meaning, to create a 'T' junction in the inout bus to an in port.
INOUT(internal sub-modul) -----------------INOUT (external I\O)
................................................|
.........................................IN (internal sub-modul)
I have tried to connect the inout port to another signal in the top level and then connect it to the in port, but my synthesis dosent like that.
I have tried to use IOBUF primitive but still it pops error message.
I use ISE 13.2 synthesis tool.

Thank you in advance.

The internal FPGA fabric does not support bidirectional connections - these are only supported at the IO pins. You should really separate the busses into separate in and out connections, with the bidirectional only at the top level, with a separate module to arbitrate the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back