Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bias Tee-Design or Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 40G, do you use microstrip or waveguide? If use microstrip, maybe you can use inductor up to 40G. Piconics have such inductors from 10M to 40GHz.

Does it mean it is impossible to implement inductor with microstrip reaching 40GHz? I was hoping to find some solutions using microstrip, but it seems I may need to change my direction, searching for discrete components...

Does it mean it is impossible to implement inductor with microstrip reaching 40GHz? I was hoping to find some solutions using microstrip, but it seems I may need to change my direction, searching for discrete components...

Getting a reasonable inductor to 40 GHz with microstrip (especially on a soft substrate) will be very difficult. I'd suggest going for a broadband inductor, like some of the .

Pay a few dollars and save yourself hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of design, fabrication, measurement, redesign, fabrication, measurement, redesign, fabrication.............. to get it right.

You can use microstrip + lumped indcutors.

Re: bias-t circuit

URL to my bias tee writeup has moved: **broken link removed**

-Gary, WB9JPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back