Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best choice for programming PC software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Vegeta

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone...

Recently, I've seen some cool IDEs like Qt and Netbeans which caught my attention. Also, I know about visual studio and I have the 2012 express version.

I wanna start programming PC software and GUIs (i.e, the software itself have a gui not a command-line one), so what is the best choice here?

I know C language because I programmed PIC microcontrollers with it and I guess that C++ isn't that much of a difference.

I want an IDE to nearly have all what it takes to design and develop a nice application.

^

that's for PC/laptop programs. How about webApps and android?

Netbeans? QT? VS?

thx

I strongly recommend you to learn Java and writing code in NetBeans

I strongly recommend you to learn Java and writing code in NetBeans

aha, so can you give me a program you did using those?

I'm still new to this thing cuz my main programming was for PIC MCUs....

Does this netbeans tool supports designing a nice-looking GUI?

thanks man

aha, so can you give me a program you did using those?

Do you mean you wanna see a piece of Java code?

Does this netbeans tool supports designing a nice-looking GUI?

Yes of course. You can manually adjust (size, color, ...) your GUI (I mean by code) or you can do it visually like VB. For example look at the below picture. It's a very simple calculator that is written in NetBeans with Java
Untitled.jpg

nice...

but for programming in C, can I do it in Netbeans and still design such software?

do you have a complete software done in nb that i can download and try?

As far as I know NetBeans supports C with a development packet. Google this to know the details

do you have a complete software done in nb that i can download and try?

I have written many things in NetBeans. But if you wanna try something, I suggest you to search the net, because there are better and more understandable codes than mine.

Java is easy to learn and it is platform independent. First try to understand the Object Oriented concept.
I think this link might help you: h**p://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back