Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginning PCB Designing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnivesh

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
numberonesystem

I'd like to learn complete PCB Design Techniques.
Basically, I want to build a pcb prototype for my personal project (having some SMD IC's on PCB as well) from an circuit idea in my brain. Please, try to answer each sub-topic with it's corresponding reference number. Obviously, one doesn't have to answer all parts in one go, but please try to answer as many as you can.

1. Circuit Design: Software Tools for -:

1a. Circuit Idea to Schematic Design
1b. Schematic to PCB Layout Design

2. PCB Design: Say now, I've got the PCB Design in my PC, I want to build a PCB from that layout.

2a. Where (online shops) to buy raw pcb boards, kits, chemicals and tools etc. ?
2b. How to (online reference material) build a pcb from above hardware ?

3. Components/IC Soldering Equipment: Say now, I've build a pcb, It's time to solder IC's and other components.

3a. Where (online shops) to find a decent soldering station with temperature control, capable of hot air soldering (i.e, capable of soldering SMD devices as well)

My aim is not to build professional quality pcb. I want to build a fully functional pcb prototype from my circuit ideas.

thanks.

Hello.....

1. Circuit Design: Software Tools for -: You can use EDWinXP 1.50,OrCAD,PADS PCB,Protel and CADStar for your Circuit Design purpose.

1a. Circuit Idea to Schematic Design:- For this u can use the above tools
1b. Schematic to PCB Layout Design:- As a beginner in PCB u go for Integrated Software packages such as EDWinXP 1.50 or Protel(AD6).Once u generated a design in Schematic it will automatically load inti the layout...otherwise u should import ur design in Layout...so go for Integrated Tools

2. PCB Design:-U can do manually or by some auto routers. how to do PCB design go to the link

also you can download tons of article from ultracad.com and bethesignal.com websites,beside downloading from above sites,you can also download loads of documents related to pcb design from Pcblibraries.com,great job done by Mr Tom hausherr for its documents.

for rest u should search in EDA board or Google
Hope this will help you.

Here are intersting sites on HOMEMADE PCBs:

http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/pcbs.html

Homemade PCB (with laser printer and high gloss picture paper)
**broken link removed**

As far as the software is concerned, you can contact NumberOneSystem (UK based http://www.numberone.com/index.asp ) and try their EasyPC V10 demo version ..
If you like it, ask them for limited holes version, say, 500 holes ..
Below is an example of a PCB created with EasyPC ..

Soldering stations: this should help you to selec one http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/solderfaq.htm
Personally, I like the WELLER brand ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back