Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginners Guide to PICs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Nige

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm keen to get in to PICs, but I don't know where to start. I've got some Z80 Assembler experience (if you remember the Z80, you can tell how old I am).

I believe that the 18F2 Series are USB ready, and that sounds a good place to start.

Are there any guides or books that would get me started?

Hi my friend
i think you are not so old
but i advice you to forget assmply and i know that you know how it is stuff
for PIC you can use a high level language compiler and i recommende a PROTON+ Basic complier it is perfect for PIC ,There are many compilers for PIC C,BASIC and other's

People are talking about these 2 books:

1. Programing and customizing the PIC microcontroller, 3rd edition, by Myke Predko.

2. PIC microcontroller- your introductory course, by John Morton.

I do not think that you need more books.

nguyennam said:
1. Programing and customizing the PIC microcontroller, 3rd edition, by Myke Predko.

2. PIC microcontroller- your introductory course, by John Morton.

Your first choice gets a terrible reviews on Amazon, but the second one looks good, so I've ordered it. Thank you.

Here is a link in case anyone else wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.