Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery circuit to produce ±3V and +5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainSpock

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing my Fyp project, which to design a portable system to monitor ankle brachial index.
I already have a PPG and ECG circuit but they both requires different power voltage. The ppg circuit uses ±3V to power op amp ic MCP602 and ECG uses +5V to power instrumenttation amp INA321 and op amp OPA336.
Can anyone advise me how to obtain the different voltages from a battery supply.

CaptainSpock

use single power source lm7805 and lm7803 with respective filters.....

u will get required voltages with a single source....

For -3V you can use dedicated IC that generates negative voltage, or google for 555 circuit for negative voltage generator. 5V input will give you about -3.3V.

mrarslanahmed said:
use single power source lm7805 and lm7803 with respective filters.....
Never heard of a 7803 before. Could you please provide a datasheet?

mrarslanahmed said:
alexxx i am sorry for giving wrong answer ...
Nothing to worry about for my part. It is just that CaptainSpock is searching for a solution and we wouldn't want to get him confused. ;-)

CaptainSpock said:
Battery circuit to produce ±3V and +5V
What is the battery's nominal voltage?

For now I'm using 2 1.5 volts bat to obtain ±3V by charge pump max865. But I'm unsure how to get the +5v power

CaptanSpock

Thank for all your replies,

I'm thinking of using 4, 1.5V battery to achieve the 6V for INA321
then stepdown the voltage to ±3V

Can anyone tell me whether this is viable?

CaptainSpock

If you have the room, how about 6 batteries? First two will give you +3V, and two on top of that with a diode to drop the voltage to about +5.3V. And another two in "reverse" to get -3V. It is a bit too much, but eliminates all the converters and boosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back