Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandwidth of oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesan621

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does you have any idea for measure bandwidth of Oscillator without input(Like cross coupled oscillator)?

Oscillators can be pulled with a sensitivity to change in load capacitance or varicap and supply voltage. This is inversely related to the Q of the oscillator.

Outputs also have a phase noise as a function of measurement bandwidth and Q of the resonance.

Can you Explain How I do this work with ADS or any Simulator?
I measure Phase Noise in My oscillator with ADS.Do you have a Formula that Phase Noise relate to Bandwidth?
How to measure Q of the resonance?

Does you have any idea for measure bandwidth of Oscillator without input(Like cross coupled oscillator)?

At first - you have to define the term you call "bandwidth".
This term is used differently - it can be the "tuning bandwidth" (without disturbing the oscillation condition) or the bandwidth of the frequency selective part of the circuit (under open loop conditions).

Status
Not open for further replies.