Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandwidth of comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsrivastava

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bandwidth comparator

All,
What shuld be the relation of bandwidth of comparator with the frequency of incoming pulse train and why?

thanks

comparator bandwidth

for a comparator..or any circuit for tat matter the input waveform's frequency shld not exceed the bandwith of the circuit..if it exceeds ..distortion occurs

comparator gain and bandwidth

Comparator bandwidth must be more than the freq of input pulse, but how much should it be (x1.5 or x2). and what is the reason.

small bandwidth of comparator

A comparator is a high gain amplifier with hysteresis. Even very small voltage difference at the input should make comparator (amplifier) output high (or low)saturation. For this reason, amplifier gain should be high.
Additionally, amplifiers has certain bandwith. The gain is high in the bandwitdh frequencies only. For higher frequencies the amplifier gain decrease and so, comparator doesn't work properly and doesn't operate as a comparator.

bandwidth on a comparator

In simple words, it dependds on ur system requirements.
In case u need to just identify the incoming pulse, its delay should be less than the next pulse appear at the input.
As i know for comparators we generaly talk about delay rather than bandwidth

regards

bandwidth of a comparator

I think bandwidth is equal to delay for comparator. Both "delay" or "bandwidth" has same meaning.

propagation delay bandwidth comparator

I think bandwidth is equal to delay for comparator. Both "delay" or "bandwidth" has same meaning.

bandwith oct

In classic design comparator consist of preamp and latch. Gain of preamp * tan(phase on fs/2) < V os latch

Status
Not open for further replies.