Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandpass filter design in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I need to design a bandpass filter of bandwidth 3.1GHz to 10.6GHz with centre frequency of 6.85GHz. But i didnt manage to get the passband (from 3.1GHz - 10.6GHz). I only had the waveform which i have attached it. Also my lecturer did say about using half-wavelength for TL3 and TL5, and quarter-wavelength for TL1,TL6,TL2 (Schematic attached). I had no idea how to change them to those assigned wavelengths. Is that the reason why i couldnt achieve the passband? Please help. I'm lost. Thanks.

hi umair 67

iam new to ads.
i learn using the tool line cal in ads .
could you please guide me about designing filters(BPF,LPF etc).
regards
ram

helo umair...how to design interdigital couple line bandpass filter??its urgent..please reply it back...

Hi,
first, your circuit should be near from the picture that i upload.
You have MCFIL and the other stubs for matching and prevent DC short.
To calculate you parameter:
1- open Tools- LineCalc and choose your type stub, put your parameter, example :
to calculate W for MLIN, put Z0=50 ohm and f=1.575 Hz then press synthesize, you will get your W.

2- now for L and MLIN, the easiest way is to use "Tuning", you can find it in the main page ( to right to simulation), press on it then define your parameter that you want to tune.

Sure, before that it will do a previous simulation and put Smithchart with S11, S12.
You will try to get S11 too small and S12 near from Zero.
I put my results also

Enjoy

B.Y.E
To get this up to 5GHz you should make the lengths shorter. Also in your first ADS Schematic
you did not grounds attached to the " - " terminals of Port1 or Port2. I hope you fixed that
before you simulated the filter.

Cheers

Hi there!
I am designing band pass filter at 2.4Ghz but i am having trouble calculating spacing between microstrip lines using linecalculator.One other thing,can u plez tell me the way to calculate out the order of filter.reply fast cuz deadline is approching and i m short on time.

hi umair,,,
i need your help, i want to make band pass filter with frequency 3.4 GHz for wimax fixed, how to design in ADS ?
thank's

Guys..
Consider "Nuhertz Filter Design" package to design your almost all kind of filters.
Regarding to my experiences, this software supplies very good agreement between EM simulation and measurements.
Filter designers should think about that..
www.nuhertz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.