Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Autotuning of PID Algo in 8 bit Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmsrlabs

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I wants to implement Autotuning of PID Algo in PIC16 Microcontroller to control temperature.

Most commonly used ziegler method is clear to me with Ultimate Gain and Period Oscillations.

But i want to know how to implement these graphs in C Code. I found somewhere that autotuning function cannot be implemented in 8 bit micros.

Please suggest it whether 8 bit micro can able to do these mathematical calculations or not.

It is possible to do using 8bit MCU. Don't need graph analysis, simply count time and temperature based on events

Thanks Sachinda_thakur for your reply.

Could you please elaborate more. How to relate time and temperature with PID Autotuning.

Any one know how to select the relay amplitude in Relay Based Feedback Method. On what factors is depends.

Status
Not open for further replies.