Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATmega32 interfacing with sim300z GSM modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabn.007

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am able to communicate my microcontroller to hyperterminal but I am not able to send AT commands directly to gsm modem through my microcontroller plz help me

hi im having an issue with my controller that it sends all characters on hyperterminal correctly but when the characters with ASCII having continuous 0s are not displayed for eg: ';'=48=00110000, '\n' =10=00001010
what could be the problem
plz reply

hey

it ll surely reply
1.check ur PC comport first,set ur controller baudrate with modems default firmware baud rate.
2.if it is a evaluation board it will work with straight cable RS232(DB9).
3.if it is ur own design check status pin whether its turned on or not because if u type anything when it has a proper communication it will reply each and every character.
4.connect ur controller directly to PC and check the out of controller.

regards
karthikeyan

the microcontroller communicate with hyperterminal absolutely fine but when sim300z is connected with atmega32 it doesnot respond
plz tel a way through which they can communicate

fouwad said:
the microcontroller communicate with hyperterminal absolutely fine but when sim300z is connected with atmega32 it doesnot respond
plz tel a way through which they can communicate
You may have the transmit and receive lines switched.

i tried to join them by straight if it were the problem the issue wud hav had resolved
the problem is somewhr els
plz help

Added after 4 minutes:

plz plz plz tel me what changes shud i make if i hav a db9 female connector instead of db9 male
plz do reply

budhy said:
data cable have max232 circuit within the port. and it get power from DB-9 PC.
i dont know what voltage and from which pins of PC's DB-9 the data cable get the power.
You have to supply these voltage to DB-9 connector
pin 7 DB9 (RTS) -9 Volt
pin 4 DB9 (DTR) +9 Volt
pin 5 DB9 (GND)

50_1174089914.gif

But be careful that the following pins
pin 2 DB9 (RXD)
pin 3 DB9 (TXD)
has a RS232 Voltage level, that's >+5 Volt as logic level '0' and <-5 Volt as logic level '1', you can't connect this pin to micro controller's TXD pin and RXD pin directly, it may burn out that pins!

once i connected direct C55 's TX,RX & grd with CELL phone the at commands works but other day it doesn't work
Without the above voltage supplies, the data cable doesn't works!

some body told me that u must use MAX232 is to interface and use data cable.
Yes, its true!

Another connection is like this:
32_1173983545.gif
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.