Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEGA16/32 based single microcontroller inverter with battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sahu,try this schematic,you can made it at vero board.this schematic consist of LM324,BTA16,MOC3021.

Sahu,try this schematic,you can made it at vero board.this schematic consist of LM324,BTA16,MOC3021.

my inv kit like above charing controlling .my problem i can't any change my inv. i want modification only o\l scening circuitry & C.T. (turn ratio) only .

Last edited:

Hi Tahmid,
Thanks for your responce, i shall be waiting
Regards,
Babalola.

Hi Tahmid,
I study your inverter project,s pcb layout.
i have confusion regarding RC FILTER.
Rc filter with 100 Ohm/1watt&100nf,400v(myler).
100ohm 1watt will heat too much,(5 watt ceramic is better,instead of 1 watt).
I also note(may i am wrong) RC filter should use in inverter mode.
But Rc circuit in your schematic is conacted to main.
1Uf,600v (myler) is ok,at output.i think this cap(1uf) is for filter(improve) wave shape of inverter.
But it is also a load,as you mention in earlier post that your inverter,s no load current is 1.4amp.It is due to this load cap(1uf).
An other thing which i see that you use 3 bridge rectifier circuits with 1n4007.
2 bridge rectifier circuits active in normal,when main presents.
And 40 number pin of ic conacted through 330K,along with small 1/4watt resistance.
one bridge circuit is at 39,pin of ic through 330K/1watt and 5k feed back VR(in inverter mode).
Negtive of 2 bridge rectifiers(for 39,40 pin) is contacted to GND of battery.
I think its hazardous,we can not touch battery terminal in main,charging and inverter mode.
Please describe some idea about your circuit, i am in confusion.
Best regards,

Last edited:

my inv kit like above charing controlling .my problem i can't any change my inv. i want modification only o\l scening circuitry & C.T. (turn ratio) only .
Its difficult,fault is due to charging system(anti parl SCR) in your inverter.
And you trying to modify your CT in stablizer its amazing.
I suggest you only add a inductor in series of wire which goes to main transformer of inverter at 140v loop.
Now you will ask what value(micro henry) of inductor,and my answer is i do not know exact.
Use a toroid (high frequency),round ferrite ring.
This type of ferrite toroid is almost use in computer,s power supply for noise suppression.
Wind 15 to 20 turns of swg 21 in this ring and add it in series of charging wire as a choke.
I hope your problem should solve.

Hi pnjbr,
Your observations are correct except that the RC does not work as filter but as snubber.
Yes, battery can not be touched. That's because of no galvanic isolation as I opted not to have another small transformer in the circuit and I find this is no problem as usually the battery is kept within a "container" where you can not touch the battery or the terminals.

Hi Tahmid,
Where is the circuit from which Pnjbtr is making such deep comments/observation?. i dont remember i came accross such schematic,
can you please make it available so that we can follow and make contribution to this thread much better.

I can see the pcb layout but wondering how you can pick up so much details about the schematic from within that pcb.
that is very good of you, i just thought maybe the schematic is posted somewhere else.

My Regards

Hi pnjbr,
Your observations are correct except that the RC does not work as filter but as snubber.
Yes, battery can not be touched. That's because of no galvanic isolation as I opted not to have another small transformer in the circuit and I find this is no problem as usually the battery is kept within a "container" where you can not touch the battery or the terminals.
Hi Tahmid
Can you send pcb to me.
I urge to play with your inverter,s project
With best wishes.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

I can see the pcb layout but wondering how you can pick up so much details about the schematic from within that pcb.
that is very good of you, i just thought maybe the schematic is posted somewhere else.

My Regards

Hi Babalola,
Try to design a pcb layout of your schematic.
I hope you can easily understand the schematic from pcb layout.
Regards

Hi pnjbtr,
I already uploaded the PCB design. You just need to resize that. Do you mean physically send one PCB?
@ babaloa,
Hi. I will upload a schematic soon, but school just started and I'm so busy, I'm not getting time.

Tahmid.

Hi Tahmid,
yes i mean physically,in original form through postal service.
best regards.
Hi pnjbtr,
I already uploaded the PCB design. You just need to resize that. Do you mean physically send one PCB?
@ babaloa,
Hi. I will upload a schematic soon, but school just started and I'm so busy, I'm not getting time.

Tahmid.

Hi,
What is your location? Where are you from?

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

@babalola,
I'll try and help with your project. What should we start with?

I think i should try with pcb layout.but to reduce size i need file in original format. because i saw some copper traces are without whole(looking like for SMD component).Especially where you contact leds header to ic pins and all vary able resistors(trimpots)except multy turn(feed back) have no holes.
Hi,
What is your location? Where are you from?

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

@babalola,
I'll try and help with your project. What should we start with?

Last edited:

hi Tahmid,
thanks for your reply, like i said in my request i really dont understand the basic of some of the things i do in the code (e.g) look-up table. i just pick and place
from a project. can we start like this. NOW that i want to design an inverter with output of 230vac,
1.how do i generate the look-up table of the vref sine of 230vac?

Hi,
Ok. I'll write this up in detail and then post it over here.

Last edited:
Reactions: tearq

tearq

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, iam looking forward to that

I think i should try with pcb layout.but to reduce size i need file in original format. because i saw some copper traces are without whole(looking like for SMD component).Especially where you contact leds header to ic pins and all vary able resistors(trimpots)except multy turn(feed back) have no holes.

Hi,
They aren't SMD. I designed in ARES (PROTEUS) and when exported to image file, they become like that. Here's the original file.

Attachments

• PCB.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 390

Hi babalola,
I've written it up in detail and here it is:

63_1294992552.png

56_1294992552.png

16_1294992552.png

94_1294992552.png

89_1294992552.png

For zooming:

You can also view this at: tahmidmc.blogspot.com