Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT+CIPSEND SIM300C GPRS PROBLEM..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at+cipsend

HELLO ALL,

I am working on sim300C gprs communication and all was going well under the following AT commands untill i reached up to the testing of actuall data sending to an ip address.

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","INTERNET" ( Results in "Ok" )
AT+CSTT="INTERNET","USERNAME","PASSWORD" ( Results in "Ok" )
AT+CIICR ( Results in "Ok" )
AT+CIFSR ( Results in an ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx )
at+cipstart="TCP","117.41.32.194","1001"
( Results in "Ok" THEN "CONNECT OK" )

Now when i issue command AT+CIPSEN=20
it prompts me with > sign
and i type 20 charcters on hyper terminal and i got
( Results in "SEND Ok" )

untill this point every thing was fine. If i used to send the data after every min it continues ok. But the

PROBLME : when i donot send the data for some 5-10 minutes of time , Then AT+CIPSEND donot send any data , also donot respond with erro or ok message no acknowledge what so ever.

When i close the gprs connection and reconnect it , using CIPSTOP and CIPSTART again, than it start working again.

Am i doing anything worong.. Plz guys help me as i have to deleiver the completed task on time and time is very short and i am stuck with this CIPSEND not responding after few mins problem.

Regards.

sim300c gprs

If you mantain the gprs connection in idle state for long time, the service provider close the connection to preserve the bandwith. You must send any data to refresh connection and prevent this problem. Regards.

Re: at+cipsend

Is normal to lose the connection if no data is sent by a certain time. you can try to close the connection and reconnect

Re: at+cipsend

Hi i am bharathi i am using sim900 simcom gprs mdem.. am trying to connecting to FTP sever.. but after AT+CIPSEND command i am getting this symbol > when i write user username the hyper termindow is getting hang .. i am not able to send data to a ftp server.. so pls help me how can i get out from this problem? is ther any delay problem am not getting..

I think you are connecting to tcp /ip.
After at+cipsend you have to get > . you enter some dummy letters . then press Ctrl+Z

ha s am connecting to TCP/IP.. after that am pressing ctrl+Z only.. one time am getting and one time i wont get .. if i do delay while assigning AT+cipstart command ill get this type error.. otherwise its working.. is there any timeout function after AT+CIPSTART="TCP","xx.xx.xx.xx",21 command?

i am getting same error.. what is the minimum time we can implement it in microcontroller for each command..

Status
Not open for further replies.