Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino Nano + GPS + GPRS + LoRa + WebSocket + PHP + MySQL

SouthCoding2

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I'm working on a project in which I need to remotely control, Radio Communication Towers Autonomous Safety Lights.

At the top of the tower there's the Master light ,that sends data via GPRS to a central server, for example, the GPS location, battery status, charge status ,condition ON/OFF, blinks per second and a few things more.

On the lower levels, the other lights ( you can have more than 1 light on each floor, more specifically, one in each corner, or at least 2 lights, on opposite sides ), report their status to the master/

The idea is to interconnect for examples 2 towers to get redundancy, in case the cellular network goes down, and use LoRa to send messages between towers (10 miles maximum ).

I’ve been testing alone each of the modules that I have, and they seem to work fine, but I’m having a bit of trouble to get all the system working together.

Actually I can read the NMEA sentences from the GPS, and I can contact servers using my modem.

But after watching the server with MySQL database, there's no trace of the data being sent.

Maybe the PHP script is wrong, but really it looks so simple that I doubt that's the problem. I believe that the delays I wrote after each of the AT commands ,are giving me some trouble. But I don’t have any previous experience with this kind of stuff.

My Arduino has plenty of space left and is working fine.

The idea is to send the GPS data to the MySQL server with the SIM800L, establish a WebSocket to interact between the Arduino and the server, and the WebPage and the server, so I can control for example the switching of the lights, the brightness and also show the location in google maps of the light (I’m planning on using GeoFencing to detect movement of the lights, besides having a shock sensor ).

If there's some kind of alarm it will send an email to a list of recipients.

I need to protect the access to the web page with a simple user/password, and if its possible...log time and date of each user that logs in.

I know I’ve wrote a lot and that can be a little bit intimidating but ……

If someone is willing to help me I can post the code and start to troubleshoot it.

Thank you in advance.

My hardware specs are:

Modem SIM800L

GPS UBLOX 7

Arduino Nano

LoRa DRF1278DM

Software specs:

Arduino IDE

PHP Servers Programming

HTML Client

Database MySQL

Google Maps API

Hi.

Please focus on one problem. Give a detailed error description. Ask a clear question.

Klaus

Not sure where in the World you are but it might be worthwhile checking the SIM800L is actually able to carry the data. I have several here that correctly identify the base stations they connect to and their RSSI but will no longer send data packets because the carrier company have dropped support for 2G services.

Brian.

Not sure where in the World you are but it might be worthwhile checking the SIM800L is actually able to carry the data. I have several here that correctly identify the base stations they connect to and their RSSI but will no longer send data packets because the carrier company have dropped support for 2G services.

Brian.
Sure thank you for your advice. We still have GPRS active, I managed to send a SMS and connect to a server with a GET method. But its true that in the near time I'll have to change to the more expensive LTE cards.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: