Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asymmetric stripline calculator confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan0354

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I went on web to find impedance calculator for asymmetric stripline. Basically I got two different answers.

I have asy stackup of H1=8mil, H2=25mil, all 1oz copper(1.4mil). I set width of trace of 8 mil with er=3.55. At least two calculators gave 67ohm, two gave 56ohm. What is the story?

Below are two links, first gave 67, the second gave 56. Which one should I trust?

**broken link removed**

http://www.ideaconsulting.com/strip.htm

Do you have any calculator suggestion that I can trust?

Thanks

Last edited:

If you are able to verify these values with a EM simulator, check them ..
They give really different values ( there may be a computation method differences )

Rogers Corp also has a calculator that does asymmetric stripline. It appears to be reasonably accurate, "but" I'm with BigBoss on this one.

With the Sonnet EM solver, I get Z0=58.6 Ohm

Model detail: Thick metal model, line width 8mil, lossless conductor. Trace thickness 1.4mil, dielectric thickness above 8mil, dielectric thickness below 25mil, total thickness 1.4 + 8 + 25mil, er=3.55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back