Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assura41 error"Failed to build VDB."No problem in

Status
Not open for further replies.

wccheng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folk,

I am using TSMc013 PDK. As I use Assura41 to run DRC check, it give me "Failed to build VDB. Cannot submit DRC Run." In a CIW, it shows:

ERROR (AVRC-10275) : Edge input inddmy_ang2 and 'withSingularPoint' modifier is invalid.
\o 4723. errorLayer(geomXor(utm8r4_a utm8r41_b) "UTM8.R.4 Except for the inductor structure itself, all other active devices, passive devices, interconnect metal lines, dummy OD/PO/metals and vias are not allowed inside an INDDMY region. ")
\o ERROR geomConnect command cannot be nested ....
\o 5365. XXX( ... geomConnect((buttOrOver m7holed_mm lm7x_mm)) ...)
\o 5365. geomConnect((buttOrOver m7holed_mm lm7x_mm))
\o 5370. XXX( ... geomConnect((buttOrOver m8slt_t lutm8_t)) ...)
\o 5370. geomConnect((buttOrOver m8slt_t lutm8_t))
\o Errors exist in the rules file '/foundry/tsmc/tsmc013/tsmc013rf/pdk/designkit/tsmc13rf/pdk/designkit/Assura/./drc/assura.drc'.
\w *WARNING* Failed to build VDB. Cannot submit DRC Run.

===========================================

How could I fix this problem? It is strange that it is no problem running under Assura317.

Thanks

check the ReleaseNotes.txt in PDK_doc folder, maybe the kit is not tested with ASSURA41. Better to stick with the versions tested by the foundry.

Re: Assura41 error"Failed to build VDB."No problem

and you can check one more thing. I get this kind of problem with ibm pdk when i forget to select a switch for the I/O pad like "INLINE_PAD or C4_3on6 or C4_4on8 or C4_4on9 or C4_5on10". I am not sure whether it will work for your pdk, too. but, you can try it, i think.
good luck

I was getting the same error for TSMC 180nm tech.
Just check your assura DRC file and remove the last line, which should be a load statement for Memory DRC if you are not using memory.
Hope this helps

Zopeon

I got the same problem with Assura 4.1. Actually in the release notes they inform to use the 3.2 version. Notwithstanding I can run the LVS even though it returns errors with a very simple inverter (so I am pretty sure the layout is correct also because the check vs source is clean). Is it strictly necessary to move to Assura 3.2?

\o 5365. XXX( ... geomConnect((buttOrOver m7holed_mm lm7x_mm)) ...)
\o 5365. geomConnect((buttOrOver m7holed_mm lm7x_mm))
\o 5370. XXX( ... geomConnect((buttOrOver m8slt_t lutm8_t)) ...)
\o 5370. geomConnect((buttOrOver m8slt_t lutm8_t))

The double round brackets seem unnecessary. Shouldn't it be written as:

geomConnect(buttOrOver( m7holed_mm lm7x_mm))
geomConnect(buttOrOver( m8slt_t lutm8_t))

?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back