Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask one question about ADS simulation for jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemc2008

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have a question about simulation jitter in ADS. for the first step, I dont use to eye diagram, I only want to simulation the output signal of a ring oscillator with/without noise on its power supply, and compare it with measurement.

From measurement, I got a statistal information about the period jitter, for example, I trigge the front edge of the signal, and measure the period, I got min, max, std. and a histogram distribution.

with ADS simulation, I do a transient simulation, and got the output signal. the question is : I dont sure about the function in ADS to extract the evoluation of the period.

from a example in ADS help :ClockWjitter (Voltage Source - Clock with Jitter)
I use the function cross() the extract the period, but when I plot the curve(for a ideal signal, without jitter), it seems to begin with 0 and need some time to arrive the stable value. Is there some other function, which could only got the stable value?

then use the histogram() or cross_hist() to plot the histogram distribution.

in the ADS help ClockWjitter (Voltage Source - Clock with Jitter), it use function below

period = cross(output_signal)
per2=period[1::sweep_size(period)-1] =====> what does it use for?
his=histogram(per1)

I try them in ADS and compare with my functions, I could not find the difference. does some one know the difference?

and when you do the simulation of jitter, do you have some better ideal or function for advise?

Thanks everyone, please give your opinion.

Does anyone know the fonction of cross() to extract jitter? does anyone have an example of simulation?
thanks!

Does someone can help me for these fonction?

period = cross(output_signal)
per2=period[1::sweep_size(period)-1] =====> what does it use for?
his=histogram(per1)

what does period[1::sweep_size(period)-1] mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back