Not open for further replies.

saryee

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, buddy,

Now I need to design a rectangular waveguide filter on Ka-band.

I find a useful page, www.guidedwavetech.com. But is there anyone can introduce me some sources discussing the details of designing these rectangular waveguide filter? I mean materials on how to calculate thickness, length, intervals.

Many thanks!

you should use the mode-matched method to compute the parameters for your filter,it is very difficult, an other ways to design the filter is to use more cavity resonantor,it is relative easy,so it is a hard job to design the waveguide filter from a beginner

Yes. It's really difficult for me. Actually many people referenced Foundations for microwave, Collin, in their papers. But I checked the book. It never mentions how to determin the thickness of the iris etc.

Theory and Design of Microwave Filters

(I.C. Hunter)
ISBN: 0 85296 777 2
Format: Hardback
Pagination: 352pp.
Price: £52 / $93

This is a good book. there are a lot of detail design on TM/TE filter

i have also studied in it for a long time,besides books like:Theory and Design of Microwave Filters,i also make reference to IEEE papers,maybe we could learn from each other

well i would refer you to journal papers in IEEE by ARndt and k.A. Zaki

I have personally worked on field theory analysis of waveguide filters for ka band. i would recommend papers by arndt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…