Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask for help on rectangular waveguide filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

saryee

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, buddy,

Now I need to design a rectangular waveguide filter on Ka-band.

I find a useful page, www.guidedwavetech.com. But is there anyone can introduce me some sources discussing the details of designing these rectangular waveguide filter? I mean materials on how to calculate thickness, length, intervals.

Many thanks!

you should use the mode-matched method to compute the parameters for your filter,it is very difficult, an other ways to design the filter is to use more cavity resonantor,it is relative easy,so it is a hard job to design the waveguide filter from a beginner

Yes. It's really difficult for me. Actually many people referenced Foundations for microwave, Collin, in their papers. But I checked the book. It never mentions how to determin the thickness of the iris etc.
:(

Theory and Design of Microwave Filters

(I.C. Hunter)
ISBN: 0 85296 777 2
Format: Hardback
Pagination: 352pp.
Price: £52 / $93

This is a good book. there are a lot of detail design on TM/TE filter

i have also studied in it for a long time,besides books like:Theory and Design of Microwave Filters,i also make reference to IEEE papers,maybe we could learn from each other

well i would refer you to journal papers in IEEE by ARndt and k.A. Zaki

I have personally worked on field theory analysis of waveguide filters for ka band. i would recommend papers by arndt

Status
Not open for further replies.