Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASK: Filter design in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuezi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the simulation results of microstrip filter design are different for the designs in microstrip layout and in the schematic.
where should i make the design to get the final result?
Thanks a lot!!!

ASK: Filter design in @DS

In my experience on u-strip filter, the simulation result in Momentum (layout) is closer to the real circuit measurement result.

maybe the HFSS is the better choice for you if you want get the best results.
microstrip filter simulation using HFSS is very well.

hi
for getting good results for microstrip i use sonnet n the results are very close to measured.

Momentum's simulation results are very good for microstrip filters. But better to use Microwave method for simulation and use pointing of package's dimensions.

i have used momentum to simulate a low pass filter and band pass filter the simulated results were very close to measured ones , it is really a great tool

read the help well , there r many tutorials u can find to do filter simulation
and u will get good results

yuezi,

schematics (circuit simulator, e.g. Ansoft's Designer) are good for first pass design to get approximate dimensions. To physically implement and test your filter, the final dimensions should be taken from an optimized electromagnetic simulation. In your case, use any planar EM simulator that you're comfortable with. HFSS can do the job but it's not the most efficient tool (it's overkill). In my personal experience Sonnet has proven to be best tool for this sort of project.

Good Luck!

The schematic and layout simulation in ADS should not different much, check your files, or you can use sonnet to resimulation the same problem to see which one is more accuracy

Best Regards!

Is it a matter of incorrect dielectric coefficient of the PCB at particular frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back