Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asic design verification - why perl is not used for asic verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramesh Vallimuthu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why cant we use PERL for asic design verification as it has very good features as compared to System verilog?

Some important features of System verilog :

Features inherited from Verilog HDL,VHDL,C
Constrained-random stimulus generation
Functional coverage
Interfaces
Assertions
Higher-level structures, especially object-oriented programming
Multithreading and interprocess communication
Support for HDL types such as Verilog?s 4-state values

Same features as System verilog in PERL :

can write package to link verilog HDL,VHDL,c
can write package for constraint random stimulus generation
interprocess communication
oops concept
can write package for coverage
tools for system administration tasks
powerful string-manipulation functions

Please any one reply.

are you able to execute perl in the major digital simulation tool?
perl could execute concurentiel activities?

You need to simulate your digital, I don't which digital simulator support the pearl.
Verilog, Vidal, systemc, system Verilog could have many process running in parallel, I don't know how you do it with perl.

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

You need to simulate your digital, I don't which digital simulator support the pearl.
Verilog, Vidal, systemc, system Verilog could have many process running in parallel, I don't know how you do it with perl.

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Hi rca , thanks for your reply.
but perl also has capability to run processes in parallel.If tool is made in such a way that to support perl means then it is possible i think.I dont know i am just discussing

I think you could forget because no digital simulator are optimised for other languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back