Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARES IC Package Problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

areebahmed08

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI
Im From Pakistan . Im an student of B.E Electronics from NED University .
My teacher gave me the task of making Circuit. Most of the student doing in bread board or vero board but i want to make PCB USING ARES 7
. Im suffering from just one problme i.e. Package of IC
I have to use Intel 8085A Microprocessor but in ARES there is no such package , so now took alternate other 40Pins IC. But im worried about size of the IC :((( Similarly same tension for rest of the 3 IC :((((
If it wont match the size of the actual IC than how can i sold pcb using my IC :((( Plz help me

1420241_10152414683018056_1374541219_n.jpg

Last edited:

My Teacher didnt tell me about that , Im a student of 3rd year(5th semister) dont knw much about Microprocessor, but i can tell you all the details mention in my IC which shop keeper gave me :
P8085 AH
L6120078
i '76 '80
Thank you so much for quick response sir :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sir How can identify which package m i using ????
Is there any way to find it ??

- - - Updated - - -

Sir its 8-Bit HMOS Microprocessor

Usually there is a guide in the datsheet that describes how to read the letters on the chip but I can hardly find a datasheet for it and the one I found has only the footprint of military versions so I have no idea which case you have.

Do you have it in your hands, can you measure the width and length of the chip?

Yes it is in my hand .... Im looking to it in a strange manner :p
by the way in mm ??

- - - Updated - - -

Sir
This one i have Kindly Check it
http://xhoba.x86-guide.com/en/collection/Intel-8085AH-2-PDIP-cpu-no9848.html

- - - Updated - - -

Sir
This one i have Kindly Check it
http://xhoba.x86-guide.com/en/collection/Intel-8085AH-2-PDIP-cpu-no9848.html

Last edited:

Whatever you prefer, I can convert it later

Does it match ?

- - - Updated - - -

If it does the DIL40 foorprint of ARES matches it

Yessss Exactly this one i have :))))))
I measured it by ruler just now. Exactly the same package :)

Last edited:

Use DIL40 and enjoy :)

If you want print the board on a paper using the printer when you finish the board and place the chips you have on the paper where they are supposed to be place to check if the footprints are match, if they do then proceed with the PCB development

Thank you so much Sir :))))))

I have taken printout and it fits well i.e. the footprints.. Thank you soo soo much Sir :)

Last edited:

Seems a nice board, just watch the track I show below that has a very thin width.

Snap3.gif

You can move the track it a little to the right and then increase the width, if you leave it thin like this it can cause problems

and here

Snap4.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Also make sure you have decoupling capacitors (100nF) close to IC supplies

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back