Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

are there any IC s available for OFDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgknmb

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im new to OFDM and although i find it very fascinating as it has got quite a few advantages over other multiplexing schemes i was wondering how to execute it in practice.....i mean do u get ICs for that or do u hav to interface it with computer to do that? o_O

That's a quite wide topic... and I'm not so sure it is only targeting analog IC, as most of the processing is done in the digital domain. Essentially (on the analog side) it only consists of a standard DAC (tx) and ADC (rx) as well as analog band-select/reconstruction filters. You can definitely find ICs for those parts.

Further on, xDSL utilize DMT which is more or less OFDM. In this case there is no need for mixers, instead you will transmit/receive data in the baseband directly.

On the digital side it is a bit beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back