Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arduino or pic microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

baltee

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone

i am confused in selecting controller for project.
actually i have to get data serially from pc(matlab or labview) to controller in my project.

also i haven't used arduino before.
which controller should i use ??

waiting for your kind response

regards
baltee

hi everyone

i am confused in selecting controller for project.
actually i have to get data serially from pc(matlab or labview) to controller in my project.

also i haven't used arduino before.
which controller should i use ??

waiting for your kind response

regards
baltee

Hi Baltee,

Can you give some informations what uC should do with this datas after receiving and what kind and amount of data PC sends to uC ?

Best regards,
Peter

For beginners, Arduino approach may be more suitable, although some Arduino Kits are based on some PIC platforms.
So, this way, you can reach the 2 options in one solution.

+++

First Please clarify about your familiarity with types of microcontrollers...
Do you know All microcontrollers well?? means AVR, 8051, PIC and many more.

IF you are good at Atmel AVR series than typical Arduino (arduino UNO)will be right choice.
If know PIC than go for it....

If you are completely beginner.....than prefer arduino....BCoz....Arduino hides Initial hurdles generally faced by beginners regarding uc's
1)programming interface...
2)detail knowledge of its architecture.
3) complex programming structure.

In fact this initial difficulties keeps beginners frustrated.

there are lots of resources available of Arduino(books,videos, completed projects),
there are lots of library...
and of course easy to use arduino shields for various applications which will solve hardware dificulties.

!!!! Arduino is a board which enables even non-technical person to make great projects....!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.