Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Archive projects Cadence Virtuoso Composer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlxsae

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
projects cadence

Does anybody know how to archive Cadence Virtuoso Composer projects?
To be more specific, to archive for example only 1 view or to archive hierarchically trough your complete database?

Tnx.
S.

cadence virtuoso composer.

File -> Export (to GDSII format or others)

in the form window select level u want to archive

GDSII is not always convinient. It converts some abstracts to layout.
If you want to archive in Cadence Data Base format you must be sure that yours archive has no external reference (to another libraries).
Usually I create a new library for archive and copy hierachically the top cell into this library with instances update. After that you can check by DESIGN -> HIERARCHY -> TREE if any other library exist in your copy or not.
After that you can tar this new library.

Thnx for the feedback. Well I setup a procedure like Fom explained, however I
can't understand why cadence doesn't include a BASIC functionallity in their
package!

Thanks anyway for your help!
Brgrds,
S.

If your composer data contain user/designkit specific symbol make sure that you also archive this symbol library and reserve a machine with this release. Remember not every schematic from 4.3 is now readable under 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back