Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Applications of NMOS transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puthem1st

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi does anyone know some applications of an nmos transistor. I have found several articles discussing nmos in conjunction with pmos used in devices, but none with just nmos alone??? I appreciate it if someone can help.

Thanks

NMOS TRANSISTOR

The NMOS IC was used many years ago. CMOS IC is low power. That's why we use cmos now

Re: NMOS TRANSISTOR

hi there....i guess you have read a lot about cmos in which pmos and nmos are used in conjunction.but there are many more applications of nmos alone.like pseudo nmos circuits,pass tramission gates using nmos,and almost all the circuits made in cmos can be implemented from nmos alone also.but these circuits are used only in places where power consumption is not an issue and speed of the chip is of foremost importance.

NMOS TRANSISTOR

nmos can also be used as a secondary ESD protection device.
This nmos is placed as a diode (gate shorted to source) providing a path for the ESD pulse to the gnd.

--cmos_dude

Re: NMOS TRANSISTOR

as amplifiers where the load is any resistor or another nmos (if not pmos)

Status
Not open for further replies.