Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone used "OCP" to design SoC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference between ahb and ocp

Hello all,

Anyone used "OCP" to design SoC? And what's the difference between "OCP" and "AMBA"?

davy

difference between ahb and ocp bus

We do use ocp in our socs . OCP and AHB are 2 totally different protocols. OCP 2 .0 also supports threads ! next version of AHB is the AXI protocol have not worked on it . But b/w AHB and OCP , AHB is by far very simple , but may not suffice for all socs ... If you want to find more just go through the protocol document of both ...If you want to know something particular spell it out .. since this is a very broad thing we may be taking about .

OCP is only for a peer to peer level protocol, it is an general interface may be attached to an AMBA bus. instead of interfacing irectly OCP allows u a general interface to any device which is again an OCP compatible.
AMBA bus is a bus.
the difference is an interface and bus

hi
ocp is standard interface used to connect to ocp compliant IP's. OCP is plug n play socket.
AMBA is simple on chip bus standard.
U get more diffrence between OCP and AMBA on www.ocpip.org/faqs

now a days OCP is becoming more popular. This has very good level of configurability.

Thank You Semiconductorman,

This one was very useful one, i was having the idea that the tool is going to be used to generate the interconnect but was in a great jeopardy, now that u have a great supporting answer i am confident in that, Even in AXI(AMBA 3.0) the same technology has been using i.e automatically configuring the interconnect using SPIRIT tool. the only thing we have to do is the interface part. well thats a great one.

But there will be increase in the DIE size, advantage is more i.e the frequency of operation. and no waiting? and even the power?

Any way u have really helped me regarding this.

Thank You

We just begin to study OCP, with my knowledge ocp is just a general interface definition. It is very useful to IP core design and Reusability.

Hi,
I have a question about OCP.
Could you explain me difference between interface and socket??
They clearly wrote that it is not the same ....

Regards
Elektor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back