Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anybody using RFID @ 27MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_noorul

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am doing a project in which i have to transmit power to the device inside the body, energize and make it work. i am new to RFID technology.. i selected 27MHz frequency. I would like to know whether this freq. can be used?? Is anybody used this freq. for any application?? i need some help on this.

Thank you

Sure, 27 MHz is fine. In the USA that is also the citizens band radio frequency, so if it is a critical medical application you will have to contend with those 4 watt transmitter driving by. You can easily get 100 fett propagation with 15 dBm signal, so I would expect you can get some body penetration at close range.

I forgot to tell u that i am not doing this experiment in america. I am actually doing it in Australia. It is a crucial application but i would like to know will the attenuation by the body be high when compared to other freq. like 13Mhz, 125 Khz.?? i am looking for a power of about 10's of milli watts?? will that be feasible when consedering human body tissues into account??

Thanks and regards
Noorul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back