Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any comment for my pcb layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsuhh

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Top layer:
pcb_show.png

Bottom layer:
pcb_show_bottom.png

Without the schematic its difficult to understand the circuit fully.

You have a massive split in the copper pour on the bottom with lots of tracks (thin ones at that) that goes from the bottom term block to the IC through vias.
If you put the thick track that's currently on top that comes from the IC top RH pin on the bottom between those 2 resistors (I think as they are not identified) then you can take the term block tracks along the top - making room for the copper to flow from one side to the other better.

Not sure how thin those tracks are but if you have room I'd thicken them a little more.
Put some more stitching vias in the copper and you will be able to pour more both sides.

Some tracks seem jagged, but maybe this is a rendering issue restricted to the .png image, anyway I think you could to thicken some tracks a little, so the board does not appear so vulnerable if the assembly is done by hand or if you have to rework by replacing components.

In addition, I would move away some components from the edge of the board, as well as ensure a keepout the ground plane from the contourn so that it does not short-circuit with the chassis of equipment or any other electrically cherged part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back