Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any body help me to know basics of ic layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarakesava

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
analog layout allan hastings

basically i am pcb designer,i have very much interest to learn ic layout.can anybody tell which book is prefer for ic layout.

and also plzz upload that book.
thx u

I suggest you to go through Dan Clein (Cmos IC Layout)

Well, my case exactly!!!
Yu have to "meet" the MOS Transistor thoroughly. So, The bast 12 days I am reading "Mixed Analog-Digital VLSI Devices and Technology", Y. Tsividis ISBN 981-238-111-2, 2ND EDITION.
It is a very good introduction with plenty of explanation and less maths. At the final 2 chapters ( 5th, 6th) you get an intro to layout.
Then move to IC Mask Design of C. Saint/J.Saint or the Art of Analog Layout A. Hastings.

If you start now, we can help each other in this process!
D.

Hello ,

You can get the Notes on IC Layout Design
thro these tools

1. MyCAD
2.Tanner EDA
3.Microwind

All of the above tools has a good user manuals tutorials,and basics

Books :
Allan Hastings on Analog Layout Design
CMOS layout Design by Jacob Baker
CMOS by Pucknell
Cmos by Neil

and many more IC Layout tutorials available thro WEB.

Most of the books are low priced .

I hope these info will help you.

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi ,

If you have a chance to work on these tools
like Laker / Virtuoso , all their user manuals will make you to learn .

Try the options

Added after 7 minutes:

LASI (LAyout System for Individuals) is a "general purpose" IC layout and design system
refer to this : Starting_WinLASI_7v02.zip

2) Refer to : Magic Layout tools with Tutorials

can any body provide the links ,for that books what ever they mentioned in above.

thx

For the Tsividis book , I haven't found a link to download, so I bought it. Hestings book is somewhere in the book section, just make a search.

But for a good engineer a hardcopy library is of most importance. Unless you own a copy machine, bying or copying is almost the same in price.

D.

I started with "The art of analog layout" and is really good for a beginner, it has a lot of explinations.

hi
Art Of Analog Layout by Alan Hasting is a very good book for beginners
regards
analayout

dkace said:
For the Tsividis book , I haven't found a link to download, so I bought it. Hestings book is somewhere in the book section, just make a search.

But for a good engineer a hardcopy library is of most importance. Unless you own a copy machine, bying or copying is almost the same in price.

D.

Not really, Buying a HP laserjet 4 or 5 about $50.00 . A ink catridge about $20.00
You can print 10 books in a half of the day. The 10 books I print worth around $1000. That's a huge saving

OK Maria,
My option was to print them in a shop not at home. Where did you find a HP LJ with $50? Is it in a good shape? Are spares availiable?

D.

I also found this book : "CMOS. Circuit Design, Layout and Simulation (Baker,Li,Boyce-1997)". It's really cool for a novice. Has a lot of explinations, and covers a lot from analog design and layout.

this is good tool for drawing layout . there are also alot of example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back