Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna fabrication experience????

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhomuathu_hanoi

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I'm working with a 60GHz antenna.
By CPW coupling excitation, my antenna includes 2 sides, back and front sides. CPW feed is at the back side and patch antenna is at the other one. CPW feed effect strongly to antenna radiation characteristic, however, and must be located accurately. It's such a difficult work.
Someone has experience, share with me please!

Thanks!

hi nhomuathu_hanoi,

u have already completed the simulation? why not just tell the company that is capable of fabricating the antenna the parameters of ur design?
i wonder if i understand u correctly.

hi DrunkBear,

Thanks for your time.
Yes, I've finished my simulation yet.
Howevere, I've been working at my center for some months and this antenna is my first work at 60GHz. So I want to prepare everything carefully before starting next step.
I wish everything will be smooth.

Thank you again.

i appreciate your carefulness on ur product.
what we usually do is make a .pcb file according to the simulated results and negotiate directly with the company about the technical details, e.g the feed just as u mentioned.

Based on your description, I gather that you are having problem fabricating and feeding the 60 GHz antenna accurately due to the tight tolerance and the small size of the feeding network and antenna structure.

You could look at the problem from a couple of perspective. I would have talked to the PCB manufacturer first and try to understand the limitation of their etching system. Based on the information they provided, I would looked at potential feeding techniques and antenna structure which would ease the design problem. For instance if you have problem getting the desired impedance match for the band of interest and you know that the antenna itself is the culprit; one possible solution might be to look for another antenna with a lower Q. This might help you in getting your desired band in your first pass. Of course, this is not the only feasible

2nd, you could try doing a potential yield analysis on your design. I believed most 3 D simulation should be able to do this and design your antenna for manufacturability instead of optmising it.

Of course, there are other way and method you could try and a good source of reference could be found on IEEE.

which type of substrate is used in your antenna at 60 GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back