Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna Current distribution and S11 problem in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hozaifa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, there..

I am trying to simulate dual band antenna from a paper, I get around 90% similar S11, little shift on resonances and also different S11 levels, antenna is working in 2.44 GHz and 5.6 GHz bands, for both bands I get good match radiation pattern and radiation efficiency... the problem is related to the current distribution.. at 2.44 Ghz I get perfect current distribution on the corresponding arm.. and also some current on the laminate surface.. but when I look at 5.6 band, current distribution is totally different on the resonant arm (compare to the paper)regarding the maximum value of the surface current and also there s more current density on the laminate surface and one more thing the S11 bottom at this band is more smother compare to what in the paper is sharp resonance .. can any one explain to me what is different in my situation..!!! I am using HFSS, exciting the model with lumped port .. refer to the attached photos foe currents, S11 and also the simulation setting in HFSS...I am using bigger enough radiation boundaries.... is it the lumped port causing this..!!!!!

Attachments

• current.png
    current.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 147
  • S11.png
    S11.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 145
  • HFSS SETTINGS.png
    HFSS SETTINGS.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Model.PNG
    Model.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 137

I would not say that current density is "totally different" at 5.6 GHz. If you adjust the plot scale, current distribution looks rather similar to me.

Your port width looks different from port/feed width in the paper.

I would not say that current density is "totally different" at 5.6 GHz. If you adjust the plot scale, current distribution looks rather similar to me.

Your port width looks different from port/feed width in the paper.
hi, thanks for your feedback, plot scales were same in all cases, if you meant that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back